Monday, August 11, 2014

My Favorite Place, Week 1 Assignment: Sydney, Australia

I visited my favorite place in August of 2013 when my summer training assignment for the Navy sent me to Sydney, Australia. I was lucky and got 3 whole days to tour Sydney before Navy activities started. Although it's an insanely expensive city, I couldn't resist doing as much as possible while I had the chance. My favorite part of every day was getting to see the city at night. From the bridge to the famous opera house, it's a beautiful city that I would go back to in a heartbeat.


                                                                     
This is a picture I took in August of 2013
 while walking across the Sydney Harbour Bridge.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, this is GREAT, Jeremy - I knew this would be a fun first assignment, something that I would enjoy getting to see. You are so lucky to have been to Australia! That is a place I would love to visit someday. My husband has friends there... but gosh, it is a long way away. And I look forward to hearing more about your Navy career. My husband is retired Air Force, but he never had an overseas posting, just all over the U.S. (including Tinker, which is how he would up teaching at OU after he retired from USAF). THANKS for this post, and I am so glad the instructions were clear. You are the first person to have done this assignment: thank you!!!

    ReplyDelete